6. And done! Make sure the rubber band is straight
7. If your mounting a Session put a rubber band around the housing. They have been known to open.
1. First we need to remove the old front vent piece.
2. It is attached by four screws on the back side.
3. The bottom two are easy to find. Unscrew them first. If you've used another camera mount switch back to the original screw others won't work as well for this mount. A metric philips size one (normally marked P1 or PH1) screwdriver is appropriate.
4. The top two are inside the liner. You can't get to them directly but you can feel were they are and unscrew them by unscrewing a little and reseating the screwdriver as to not twist the liner to much.
5. If you're not careful you might make a tiny hole in the liner but it is in a hidden location.
6. Remove the old front vent piece when all screws are unscrewed. The top two screws stay in place.
7. The chinmount adapter connects with the same four screws.
8. Screw it in. Same procedure for screwing the two top screws as when unscrewing them.
9. Thread a packboy string or pullup cord as the picture shows. Note the doubbled up rubber band
10. Force the rubberbands throught the hole by pulling the string or just place them as in the picture and they'll get pulled through in the next step.
11. Pull the rubberbands into position.
12. Stretch them a few times and see that everything seems to be holding together.
13. Thread the tool or pullup cord through the chinmount.
14. Pull the rubberbands through.
15. Insert the pin. Make sure the chinmount is in the correct orientation.
16. Slowly release the rubber bands and see that the pin slides into it's slot and the chinmount into position.
17. Undo the tool
18. Pull out the string or pullup cord slowly. If you pull to hard or violently you may damage the rubber bands which might lead to them breaking at an inopportune moment.
19. Done! Have fun and remember to inspect and replace your rubber bands from time to time. They do age.
20. Secure the Session housing latch with a rubber band. They have been known to open.